A wig with a lace frontal provides a natural-appearing hairline compared to many types of wigs. They can make a part in your full hair unit caps. Or else, they are stand-alone things. Either this or that, their construction is similar. The strands and the lace get an attachment through a ventilating needle. In particular, how to make a lace front wig glueless or with glue? Other than watching a Youtube video or so, you should dive into this guide from Lewigs below.
Steps to make my own lace front wig
Prepare your lace front using essential materials
1. Measure your head. How to do? While holding the tape measure on your bio hairline, spread it to the desired stopping point of the lace front piece.
After that, measure between sides. Secure the measure in front of an ear that the hairline ends. Then, wrap it across your head to a similar spot in front of the other ear.
2. Create a pattern. Use a plastic wrap piece that should be adequately large for fitting on your head. Wrap it across the head’s top part. Then, affix at the back. Place clear adhesive tape to the wrap.
3. Make the pattern secure on a block of the wig. It is the next step on how to make a lace front wig. Be ready to pin the pattern to the block after removing it with care from the head.
4. Cut your lace. Measure the lace piece using the pattern. Extra lace is necessary. Thus, you do not have to cut the piece to that pattern’s exact size.
5. Make the lace secure on the block of the hair unit. Drape it over the pattern on your wig block, Make it secure along your hairline with some balled straight pins. Then, use small pins to trace the whole hairline.
6. Check the wig cap’s fit. Take the pins out from your lace. Next, take your cap off the pattern. Check the cap’s fit and adjust it if necessary.
- What Is A Lace Front Wig? – 101 Things You Need To Know About
- How To Wear A Lace Front Wig Without Glue Or Tape?
- Mind Blowing Method On Coloring Lace Front Wig
Ventilate your lace front
It is an essential step on how to make a lace front wig.
1. Prepare your supplies. A ventilating needle is needed to sew in a lace front wig. It comes in hooks on its tip for looping the hair into your lace. There are various sizes for the hooks.
2. Continue by loading the needle. Hold a couple of hair in one of your hands. Hold the needle in your other hand. Create the loop with the hair – that way, you can hook the needle through the locks with ease.
3. Create a knot. Start by pulling the strands through your lace. When pulling, you should hook your needle around the hair for a loop creation. After threading the hair through the created loop, pull tight for a knot creation. Repeat the process until you finish the last lace front piece.
4. Check your hairline. As soon as you finish adding hair to the whole cap, check the hairline. Adjust as necessary.
5. Cut the excess lace (if any). After the ventilation process, you may want to trim away the extra lace. We suggest you leave a border (small enough) in front of the hairline. Doing so makes applying the hair enhancer a breeze.
An easier way out
That is all for the ventilating part, which is essential when you learn how to make a lace front wig. This task is quite time-consuming and challenging for a complete newbie. If you want to master the art of it, you can join a quality training course on hair ventilation at Lewigs. If you’re going to make it quick, you can buy the handy lace front pieces from hair vendors. We have many sizes of them – for example, 13*4 and 13*6. Plus, purchase the machine weft hair (a hair weave). And of course, the quickest way without asking you to pour out much time and effort is buying a full lace front wig from Lewigs.
Contact Lewigs for special assistance
Attach your wig
1. Wash the neck and face by using non-oily soap. Also, protect the skin below the hairline with a scalp protector.
2. Pull the hair back before you attach the wig. Make it a ponytail or so. You may want to put on a wig cap, which depends on your hair’s length.
3. Apply a liquid adhesive around your head’s perimeter, below your hairline. The glue should be tacky before the wearer applies the hair system. You can use a cool-setting blow dryer to speed up the process.
- How To Differentiate Full Lace Wig Vs Lace Front Wig?
- 4 Lessons About How To Cut A Lace Front Wigs You’ll Never Forget
Some tips and tricks to make a lace front wig look natural
How to make your lace front wig look real? You can refer to the tips below:
– Braid the hair as well as laying it fat under your cap.
– Cut off your extra lace.
– Make baby hairs appear in the front.
– Dye the color of the lace for a skin tone match.
– Detangle the hair
Hopefully, this guide will help you with how to make a lace front wig. With it, finding pleasure and success in the creative process is no longer hard. If you find it to be useful, please share it with your networks.