Today’s wigs come in a variety of textures and styles, so you can find a suitable item easily. It is also designed to look completely healthy and offer a realistic look. With the spectacular effect it brings about, to wear a wig is never a fool decision to make.
Who is ready to see how to wear a wig properly? Learning how to wear a wig and make it look natural makes your look more stylish and natural. If you buy the right products and follow our great guidelines in the following post, you will look amazing in your hair wig at any time!
How To Wear A Wig With Long Hair?
Wigs are awesome but it is hard to attach if you have long hair. You don’t know how to wear a lace wig. Our guidelines on how to wear a wig for beginners will help you deal with the problem. You can use a cornrow way or braid the hair, then tied it up. You can cover the hair with a wig cap and wear a cap easily.
Method 1: Making Cornrows
– Use a shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair wig. Detangle your hair and apply oil (coconut oil, jojoba oil, or aloe butter products) to lock in moisture. You can find the ease in braiding your hair if it is moisturized, smooth, and no tangle.
– Divide the hair into small rows from front to back by a rat-tail comb. Part the hair in a line down your forehead to the nape of your neck, then continue to divide each side section into 1-3 more rows. Secure the small hair rows in place with clips or bobby pins.
– Start at the first row at the front of your scalp and part it into 3 small sections: left section, middle section, and right section.
– Now, make the first cornrow. When you continue to braid your bio hair, add more hair from the row underneath into the cornrow. Keep braiding down the line of hair until you reach the nape of your neck. By doing so, you can keep the braid attached to your scalp. In some cases, the braid will be loose quickly and come out from your head if you don’t add more hair in each line. It will not be in a cornrow.
– Add any hair left in the section to the braid to create a uniform look. Once you finished, secure it in place with a rubber band or small hair tie.
– How to wear a wig by cornrowing? Repeat the braid technique in small sections across your real scalp. Unclip the hair and working from side to side. Then, continue to part and braid small sections of the hair. Secure the row of hair with a small band. When finishing, you have a series of secured rows running from the front to the back of your head.
Wrap and pin the braids
– Twist several braid tails together, wrap them around the back of your head, then pin them in place with large bobby pins. Repeat the process with the rest of the hair, and don’t overlap them. You can pin the braid tail up individually if it is thick.
Wear a wig cap
– Use a wig cap in order to wear your hair system. To put on the cap, just open it and pull it over your head. Place the cap to protect your real hair and scalp.
Apply the wig
Put on your wig on your head. There are some clips as well as a band on the inside of the wig. You can make it tighter just depending on your head. Take the back of the wig and just put it on. Holding the front down, then you can start to pull it back toward the back of your head.
So now, you can part and style the hair wig. The part may be in the center or sides of the wig. Close the clips to keep the unit in place. Brush the hair gently and style it as you desired.
- How To Make A Wig? – An In-depth Guide On How To Do It At Home
- How To Put On A Wig? – 5 Easy Ways To Apply Immediately!
- How To Dye A Wig? – The Ultimate Guide For Beginners!
Method 2: Braiding hair
Braiding your hair is one of the 3 ideas methods to wear a wig if you have long hair. Although it is not as flat as other ways, it also helps to protect your real hair and make it easier for some ladies to wear and maintain wigs. Let’s learn carefully how to wear a wig when you have long hair.
Step 1: Braid the hair
Depending on how thick your hair is, separate it into 2-3 sections from front to back. Start braiding your hair and secure it with a small rubber band when finishing. Remember to loose braids so that it will make this process easier and does not harm your scalp.
Step 2: Wrap the braid
The next step to wear a wig with long hair is to wrap the braid. You should roll the braids one by one. Take the braid you just created and wrap it around the crown of the head, then secure it with bobby pins until it stays in place. After finishing the first braid, you move to the next braid. Take it in the back, wrap it the other direction and again secure it with bobby pins. It is better if you keep the braid as close to the head as possible. Don’t overlap the braids since it will create lumps when you wear a wig.
Step 3: Hair cap
Wear a hair cap to help hold the braids and keep the pins from sticking into your hair system. Try to hide all the hair under the cap. If you have no cap, it is fine.
Step 4: Time to wear a wig
Since you had all the braids under the cap, you found it much easier to attach the wig. The process is the same as the above method. You can refer to it.
Method 3: Attach a wig by pinning hair up
It is one of the normal ways on how to put on a wig with long hair. And it is also the easiest method to wear a hair system.
How to wear a wig cap?
All you need is some sort of hair scrunchie, a wig cap, and bobby pins.
– Now start with the center. We would recommend that your hair should be brushed out so that when you take it out, it is not a big giant mess. Do a pin curls and use bobby pins to secure the hair. So if you are looking for heatless curls, pin curls are an excellent way to do that.
– You continue to section off some hair in the front. Smooth it all out and then you just start wrapping it around your finger. Twist your hair and coil it up to your scalp, secure it with pins. It does not have to be super secure because you are going to put it up in a wig cap anyway. Do the same with the other side.
– Braid the rest of your natural hair and coil it up. Secure the braid with pins at the back of your head.
– Put on a wig cap. Pick a cap that is closest to the color of your wig. Take it from the behind, then pull it up and cover your entire head. Just stuff the rest of the hair up in the cap.
– Hold the wig with your hands inside the wig and ready to wear it. Tilt your head forward and put it the hair on your head. Adjust the edge of the hair system to help it line up with your hairline. You can apply tape or glue along your hairline if you want.
The process is simple and easy so anybody can do it. Even if you have long hair, don’t worry about not being able to wear a wig. It will be fine.
How To Wear A Wig Without A Wig Cap?
We will show you one more method on how to wear a wig. How you conceal your natural hair to wear your human hair wig. If you want to explore more about hair wig, here is a step by step guide on how to wear a capless wig! Let’s start.
– First, split your hair into 2 parts. You want to make braids for both sides. Make sure your braids are really tight so that your hair would stick out. And you have to secure the hair with elastic bands.
– Next, pull the hair up and you get bobby pins to secure them. Ensure that you secure it really flat down. After securing completely, your hair is pretty flat and you can start to wear a wig. Or you can make your hair in a ponytail.
– Now put on the wig and secure it. The elastic band inside the wig is used to anchor the unit in place and flattens out the hairline as well. Secure your wig on your head by attaching the elastic band at the nape.
– Adjust the hairline by moving it forward or backward when the wig has been installed to your head.
– Style your hair wig as you would like. Part your hair and style it: curly, straight or wavy, the choice is yours.
How To Wear A Half Wig With Short Hair?
Your hair is short and fine, so what you are going to do. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Divide the hair
Separate the hair in the front. Because a half wig is only for half of your head, you want to do it from ear to ear. Push the hair forward and then backcomb or tease the hair. Sometimes, you can take some hairspray and spray the roots a little bit.
Step 2: Secure your hair in the back
Usually, with a half wig, it comes with an elastic comb inside that is already attached. After backcombing, you can secure the hair in the back. Leave out the front hair, and pull the rest of the hair in a ponytail with or without a rubber band depending on you. Then secure it with some hairpins.
Step 3: Attach the wig
Now take your half wig with a comb. Clear all the hair away. Put it at your scalp underneath where you backcombed your hair. Pull the item forward and press it back. Then take the back of the wig and pull it down over the rest of your head. From there, you can secure the rest of the wig with more hairpins. A good way to really secure your wig is to take one hairpin and put it in. And take the second hairpin and make like the letter “X”. It creates a really secure anchor.
So after, you have your wig on. Take the front hair, backcomb just a little and place it over the front of your half wig. Use a little spray to secure.
When Wearing A Wig, You Should:
Put on a wig cap: It can protect your natural hair from damage and secure the hair in place while you wear your hair system.
Don’t miss to take care of your hair and scalp: Wearing a wig does not mean your hair and scalp are protected. You should moisturize them regularly. Cleansing hair to remove any excess sebum and dirt. We don’t recommend sleeping with a wig and please moisturize your hair if you feel it dry. This will help your hair stay healthy and clean every time.
Never wear human hair wig when your real hair is wet: Hair should be completely dry before putting on a wig.
To Sum Up
Human hair wigs are one of the hottest trends for years. Even many celebrities and your idols are also rocking wigs to switch up their daily style. If you are experiencing hair loss or thinning hair, browse Lewigs’s product line to get the best human hair system.
Come to Lewigs, you can rest assured when wearing our hair. We say no with synthetic hair or treated hair. Moreover, we supply the high service with the hair at friendly prices that brings you the most satisfaction.
That’s all our guides on how to wear a wig. For further help or any requires with hair wigs or any hair systems, please do not hesitate to reach Lewigs via email@example.com or our hotline (+84) 98 261 44 86 (WhatsApp/Mobile).